Monday, April 14, 2008

Dusty.

Did I ever tell you the hospital nicknamed our Mercedes "Dusty"? I was actually surprised when I saw the 'I'm A Girl!' card in her newborn bassinet at the hospital. The top of it clearly read "Dusty" & then listed her newborn stats. When I asked the nurse, she informed me that since Mercedes' birthmother just wanted her "gone" (enter lots of gulps here) & didn't give her a name, one of the nurses nicknamed her. I don't know how that particular nurse came up with the name. I still have mixed emotions about the nickname. But none the less, sometimes I'll call her Dusty. :)

Here's another photo of her pout. Oh yeah, she lays it on thick. She is so adorable! She's now 14 weeks old. :)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think "Miss Thang" is a better nickname for her. Suits her personality better.
Rebecca M.

Talia said...

Wow, she is absolutely gorgeous! Love her hat. Congrats to you!!

April said...

She is just so super cute!

Minnie said...

I'm pretty sure it's going to be hard telling that face, "no."

I just can't get over how beautiful her complexion is.

threadbiz01 said...

As always...adorable!! The hat is just too cute:)

Anonymous said...

I just want to kiss those cheeks......

What a doll baby.......
Katie

Anonymous said...

I think Dusty is a seriously cute nickname :)