Monday, November 24, 2008

10 quirks about me.

1.) I often walk around imitating people & impersonating celebrities (Julia Childs is the best - is/was that her name?). I'm pretty good. My kids actually try to use my accents. Ü

2.) I'm a rhymer. I like to rhyme. Everything. I'm surprised I don't blog/type-rhyme. Ü

3.) I have a window in my shower that I set my shampoo/conditioner on. The shampoo must be on the left. Always.

4.) I'm a prankster. Hence, "Saturday's chaos." payback. :) One time before we had kids, husband was taking a shower & I was cleaning the other bathroom. For whatever reason I decided to pour ketchup all over myself & lay on the floor so he would come in & find me & think I was dead. Ha! He came in alright. And then he said (completely unbothered by his findings) "what the hell are you doing?" LOL Ü

5.) When I purchase something at a store, I will go thru every single one to find the least damaged. Such as a Christmas decoration. I will actually sit on the floor with all of them piled up as I go thru them & then hang them all back up when I'm done. It's very annoying. Best part? My husband now does it too. Hahaha.

6.) I do not let my children eat off my plate or drink out of my drink. Very true.

7.) When I hear my own voice I think "there is no way I sound like that". People used to phone our home & when I answered, they would ask to speak to my parent. It doesn't happen much anymore. Want to phone me now? LOL

8.) I do not allow wire hangers in our home. I dunno. :)

9.) When it was election time, I wanted to jack w/ our neighbors. We have a corner lot = 2 front yards. I wanted to put a McCain/Palin sign on one side & Obama/Biden on the other. LOL I never ordered the signs though but I should have.

10.) We eat off of paper plates 9 out of 10 times so I don't have to warsh plates. Ü

And there you have it. :o)

A few years ago I listed 100 things about myself. It was on my previous blog. I'll have to find that list & repost it. It's very entertaining. Ü I still need to repost Audi's staple incident too.

4 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

so many of these had me chuckling!

i too have to have the shampoo on the left and cannot stand wire hangers!

Rebecca M. said...

"No wire hangars" reminds me of Mommy Dearest. Maybe we should start calling you "Melissa Dearest"! LOL!!! I must say - you are too funny. I wish I had the time to look through every item at the store to find the least damaged one. I just pluck the first one off the shelf and hope that I am actually buying the right thing! I also wish that I could say my kids never eat off of my plate or drink out of my cup. But I am guilty of doing the same. Some nights, whe Jer is working late or it's been a crazy day, my dinner consists of eating whatever is left over on the kids plates when they are done eating dinner. I often say that we should forget about plates all together and just all eat out of the serving bowls! Save time, water and dish detergent!

Amy said...

was your old blog a blogger blog? if so, I might have a suggestion on how you can get ALL your posts on your new blog very easily....

threadbiz01 said...

My Shampoo is also ALWAYS on the left and I do not have wire hangers either...hehe. I dont go thru each item when buying something but my son does...kinda funny. He will always go thru each item to back of shelf and then make the decision.
I def chuckled at the McCain and Obama sign idea...that would have been funny...lol.