Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday. Part II.

I know why it's called Black Friday. I was half dead by 11:30 a.m.

Mentionables:

1.) The weather man was incorrect. It poured rain. I left my umbrella in the car. Every time.

2.) I only ran over one person's foot w/ my heavily-loaded basket. I'm proud to announce no other injuries occurred. :)

3.) I thought I'd be swift & secure my large Sonic Diet Coke in between some broken bars in the basket so it wouldn't tip over. Little did I know the metal edges were sharp (the nerve) & poked a few holes in the styrofoam. You know what's it's like running thru Toys-R-Us, on Black Friday, trying to dodge a few hundred people while attempting to make it to the bathroom before the entire thing dumped all over the floor? Needless to say, I left a little trail. :)

4.) I discovered I talk to myself. A lot. Out loud. And if I'm not talking, I'm whistling. Christmas tunes. I'm quite confident I was very annoying.

5.) I was disturbed approximately 128 times from people asking to read my sales ad. Bring your own, people!

6.) I wasted about 45 minutes waiting for an employee to retrieve me another fire engine from the very top shelf, because the one I chose had a ripped box. I don't do ripped boxes.

This year is history in the making. Never, ever, ever have I completed this much shopping before December 1st. Never. Did I say never? Typically I am a last minute, completely stressed-out frantic woman by December 20th. Not this year. I am not done but oh so close. Getting up @ 6:15 a.m. to fight crowds was totally worth it. Ü

I really want to relax & just enjoy this Christmas season with my miniatures. I say that every year. Inevitably, this is the year! Ü

Did I mention husband informed me the other night we were "blowing the Christmas budget"? Yep. He decided to get the kids a Wii. Considering we have made it all these years with no video games (other than Bentley's Nintendo DS which he just received in April) I said "okey dokey!" Ü

It's now 7:50 p.m. & I am headed to bed. Right after I clear it off because it is covered in Christmas gifts. Where am I going to store all this stuff? Ü

Good night!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I got up at 3 am, and met a couple of my friends to shop! We shopped till close to 11 am, and then called it quits. You just can't beat those deals!!!

Katie said...

I love your black Friday account...especially the bit about leaving a trail. I'd like to know where you HIDE the Christmas gifts that are covering your bed so the little ones don't find/see them. I think mine's just about to get old enough to "accidentally" find one. YIKES!