Monday, November 24, 2008

Black Friday. Update.

Updates are now at the top. :)

Thank you for the comments/information! You've gotten us on the right track! The only thing I can't figure out is when the newpaper comes out? Is it actually on Thanksgiving Day? We'll find it. If you have anymore tips let me know!

I just saw via the internet that WM will have laptops starting @ $299! And Kohl's opens @ 4:00 a.m. I'd hate to be employeed there! LOL :)

***************************************************************

Is that what it's called? The shopping day the Friday after Thanksgiving?

I've never gone out, I've never been able to. Hubby always works on that day. But this year he isn't. Which means I can get out early in hopes of accomplishing some good shopping sales.

How do you find out what stores are opening early & what is on sale? We have no idea. We've heard (from people) of great sales, listing specific items, but how do you find out about them? We wonder if there is a newspaper that is released the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, or something? We are totally clueless.

Anyone have any insight? Thanks! Ü

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Someone just told me that you can find things at www.blackfriday.com. This is my first year as well...one of the moms in our playgroup is offering childcare. 7am till 2pm so Tim and Claire will be there and Daddy will watch Jess and Sam!!!

Mommy Brain said...

Don't do much shopping on Friday because Doug always works too...one of my pet peeves about his schedule. His regular day off is Thursdays, so every year his partners get a day off and a holiday the week of Thanksgiving but he doesn't...that sucks! Anyhow, enough blubbering, you really need to know what you want in order to make the Friday sales worth it. The Thursday paper is FILLED with more sale papers than a normal Sunday paper. Scope out the best deals, make a list according to time and priority and then have a good time with me in mind ok? I'm actually going to Guitar Center on Friday cause I've got a 15% off coupon...I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

The best website I've found is black-friday.net. You can figure out where the best deals are by category or specifics. Make sure you plan accordingly. Depending on what you're looking for, it's usually Walmart and Target that have the best deals. Make sure you find out what times the stores open up so you can finish up in one and head to the other. Also, make friends with the people in line that are next to you. Last year, the two people ahead of me were going to buy digital cameras - the same ones I wanted. We agreed that if one of us got there before the other, we'd grab an extra or two. But most of all - HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

The newspaper comes out on Thanksgiving day! Oh, and I forgot to mention in the last post (above anonymous!) ... make sure you grab a cup of coffee either on the way or from home. Also, be sure to be at the store you will start with no less than an hour early - really, the earlier the better. For Walmart and Target, the lines start several hours in advance!

Us said...

Our adds in Phoenix come out on Wednesday! We have done Black Friday for the last 3 years and it is so much fun! Last year we made a list and got all of our shopping done that day!I use the websites listed and I also did a lot of online shopping! The longest lines out here were all the electronic stores, Walmart and Kohls! Everything else was fairly short...granted we started at 4:30 AM:0) I have a great CVS scenario that I will be doing!!! I am so excited!!!