Monday, December 15, 2008

Ba humbug.



This little guy right here. Whose behavior is completely unacceptable since Piper arrived. He's receiving non-stop lectures & scolding. Telling him what we expect of him. How he should be welcoming & cordial, showing his new sister the ropes. Instead he is being so very ugly. Which surprises me because Kosh, like my children, has never met a stranger. Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky 'come pet me & I'll kiss you'. But suddenly - he is so ticked. So ticked I never could have predicted it. He will have nothing to do with Piper. He will not look at her. He will not look at us unless we have a piece of food he may like to share. He will not even remotely get close to her. I do believe he would rather fall out the car door than share any part of the front seat(s) or console with her. Now I understand she has rained on his parade. He has been king of the casa for quite some time. But he just turned three. It's not like he's 13. One would think he would adjust. Will he? Husband says in time he will come around. But I'm not so sure. Part of me feels bad for him. Especially when Piper runs away with "his" toy. I'm thinking it hurts his little heart. Even though we have purchased all she needs, a toy's a toy. Hopefully in time they'll become buddies. Even when she's 60 lbs. & he's still 12 (lbs.). Ü

(Photo taken inside, night time, no flash on manual.)

1 comment:

ivfmommee said...

He will come around. We have adopted dogs over the years, and the other dog we already had acted the same way. After about a week, they were the best of friends and snuggling when they slept. He may be a little territorial and jealous, but he will start to love her soon. They are both very cute!