Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dancing reindeer & Jaguar update.



Miss Mercedes adores the dancing/singing reindeer. Her little face just lights up with joy. Until it's time to turn it off. When I shut it off yesterday (to save my sanity) this little almost 11 month old actually threw herself on the floor & preceded with a 2 year old tantrum! Kicking her feet & screaming w/ anger all the while lying flat on the floor. Ha! What kind of baby did we get blessed with, anyway? Ü

****************************************

The dentist appointment was pretty uneventful. We went to a new children's dentist because I fired the last one. :) I fire lots of jerks people. Ü

Dr. Bo took x-rays & studied the tooth/teeth. It's going to be a 'wait, watch & see' sort of thing. Since there is really no way of knowing how much trauma the tooth actually suffered, it's uncertain if it's going to survive. I have a feeling it is not because it is already discoloring. Dr. Bo seems to think if the tooth does survive, it will move back into place. Two fold - 1.) because the tongue will push it forward & 2.) Jaguar still sucks her thumb which will help move it forward. Worse case scenario is both front teeth will have to be pulled. If necessary, she will pull both of them so the big girl teeth will enter at the same time. If one tooth remains while the other is pulled, the symmetry will be unbalanced. Dr. Bo also prescribed an antibiotic to fight any infection that may occur within the tooth and/or her lip.

I've stated before that Jags has such a beautiful smile & I will be completely heartbroken & distraught if she looses her teeth. If you knew my Jags, when not being a spit-fire, she is very reserved, soft-spoken (way too soft-spoken!) & delicate. I can't even envision her loosing her teeth. Suffice to say her two pretty, tiny teeth add to her demeanor, if that makes sense. They have the same personality she does. :) I'm praying all will be ok & less traumatic for her, of course. Tonight she is fine but being three, she really has no idea what all this means. We return to Dr. Bo next week for a tooth check & annual cleaning. Thanks so much for the thoughts & prayers.

Speaking of children's dentists - I believe this to be true in our area, maybe yours? We have lots of fancy-dancy dentists (for kids) opening here. Outrageous upscale offices (inside & out), providing tv's on ceilings, top of the line video games, blah, blah, blah. I have learned that should I choose to visit one of those, the fee I am going to pay is above & beyond what insurance already covers. I honestly believe they charge more to cover all the extra, unnecessary expenses. Maybe that's a given & I'm just slow at recognizing it, due to the fact my children went to the same dentist for a few years...?

Personally I choose to visit a children's dentist that provides a comfortable children's atmosphere. Not needed are the ceiling tv's, video games, outlandish decor, etc. When I stick with the 'plain & simple', almost all of our dentist visits are covered 100% by insurance. Funny how that works. Or is it? Ü

No comments: