Friday, December 12, 2008

I am so furious.

Getting Maggie has been somewhat of a challenge. I spoke with the lady Tuesday night (she contacted me). She sent me an applicaton. I completed it & sent it back Tuesday night.

Wednesday I sent her an email asking how long it would take to approve us (because I hadn't heard back from her yet). She responded with "not long at all".

Thursday a.m. I received an email from her saying she had found Maggie a home because she couldn't wait any longer on us. Which led me to believe she had never received our application. And she hadn't.

So I picked up the phone & called her. I resent our application. She got it. Her choice was us or the other family. She chose us.

She left a message on my machine last night to let us know the good news. She called my cell phone. She text'ed (LOL how do you spell/say that? Obviously I don't partake in it!) my cell phone. I phoned her back & we had an awesome conversation for almost 30 minutes. What a sweet Christian lady! How generous of her to let us have Maggie. For free. I sent her photos of Kosh, the kids & our home so she could be assured Maggie was coming to a loving home. We worked out all the details of us receiving Maggie on Sunday. I went to bed with a smile.

Then tonight I receive this:

I have some really bad news. I regret to have to let you know that Maggie will not be able to become a member of your family. I spoke with her current owner today and he has had a change of heart. I am so sorry! I know that this comes as a tremendous disappointment to you and your family. Unfortunately, my hands are tied. Thanks so much for offering one of my pups a wonderful home to be a part of. I wish you success in your search for the perfect boxer for your family.

Thank you for inquiring about R** G**** Boxers. We will be unable to respond to emails from 12-12-08 to 12-14-08. Wishing you and your family a safe and happy holiday season.

Happy Holidays from our family at R** G**** Boxers to yours!

So I sent this:

You have GOT to be kidding me. You're kidding, right? I have four children who are expecting Maggie on Sunday. We have been talking about her ALL day! We all are so excited to pick up a new member of our family. We have waited a long time for a Maggie. The timing is right. We found her! We worked out all the unplanned incidents (application mess, etc.). We spoke on the phone last night. And now you are telling me, we can't have her? Do you know how mean this is? Do you know how heartbroken our entire family will be? I'm speechless. I don't even have any words left.

(I like your signature you added. You won't be able to answer emails between Friday & Sunday. Funny though, as of last night, you were picking up Maggie on Saturday & then meeting us on Sunday. Like we can't read between the lines. That's just unacceptable & pathetic.)

Melissa


I am so mad. I promise you I have steam coming out my ears. People frickin' suck! How in the sam hills could she do this? And how lame is it she now won't respond to emails? What a cop out. How am I going to explain this to my kids? :(


3 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh Melissa I am so sorry to hear this news. It seems weird and makes me wonder if there are other circumstances such as the other family offered money or they are closer? Maybe the owner changed their mind. It just seems unlikely and it is very mean and often people just don't understand. We are saying a prayer that the right boxer finds her way to your home. Sorry this had to happen to such a great family.

Colored With Memories said...

man! what a turn of events! sorry!

Bridget said...

I am so sorry!! I hope that the kids are handing it okay and will pray that your family will soon be matched with the perfect boxer addition.