Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our weekend.

We're doing this.



Yesterday Mercedes' cold was better, but her cough was wicked. I knew she needed Albuterol. Which usually I have an over abundance of. But not the day after Christmas. So I called the pediatrician to get her in yesterday afternoon. The nerve. They were closed! So off to Cook's Urgent Care we go. I hate that place. It is n.a.s.t.y. I knew when I pulled up it wasn't going to be good. 4-5 hour wait. So while I sat there, I had hubby calling the pharmacy to see if we had any Albuterol on hold. We did. But for whatever reason, the dr. needed to approve it. Even though the dr. wrote the prescription. So he called the on-call dr. & while waiting for that return call, I called CareNow. 4-5 hour wait. But we could wait at home. So we did the web check-in (love that!) & came home to wait. In the meantime the Lord smiled down on us & the on-call dr. phoned in our refill of Albuterol. Sheesh! Even though Mercedes has never had a breathing treatment, I made a mommy call & went for it. I'm administering them every four hours & she is so improved. Yay! ☺

****************************************

Today we thought we'd drive around & see if we could find a new car. We're kinda spontaneous like that. :) I thought Mercedes might sleep some since she can sit up in the car. Who was I kidding. We went to several dealerships & I'll tell you this, they aren't hurting that bad to sell cars. I don't care what the news reports or internet says. We saw no difference/lower prices what-so-ever. Guess they need to pay for those expensive jets! ☺ We thought we could get some kind of deal being the car industry is suffering for sales (or so we thought) & it is end of the year (the best time to buy cars!). There sure weren't many people shopping for new vehicles, that's for sure. Not one sales person at any of the dealerships even came up to see if they could help us. LOL Off we went.

****************************************

I feel like I have been swallowed. My house is a complete disaster. Not to mention, a pigstye after having everyone over for Christmas Eve. Stuff is everywhere. Toys that have yet to be opened due to miniatures being distracted w/ other toys. The kitchen is semi-clean but needs completing. Laundry, which I typically stay on top of, is overflowing. And then there's my carpet. Have I ever told you our backyard alone has 14 trees? Uh-huh. Sure does. And our yard guy MULCHED the leaves! Oh my I almost socked him for that. But I love him so he was safe. :) But he's now fired. Ha! Mulch + rain + two dogs in & out = no words. I can't keep up. With any of it.
Hubby was nice enough to vacuum. Again. And Miss Mercedes still loves the vacuum. So he vacuumed her hair. She loves it. And believe it or not her hair style improves once it's vacummed. LOL Too darn cute.

This baby is the cutest ever. I tell her that & then I tell her not to tell her siblings. :) The photos do her no justice as to how precious she is. I can't imagine her not being here. God knows exactly what He is doing. ☺






And because I kiss her so much, & share my food with her (only because she's a baby LOL) I now feel like crap. I'm off to a hot shower & then to watch some HGTV in bed!

Have a great weekend! Ü

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Melissa..I can sympathize. Just got home from our trip and have way too much to do...and for and OCD person....that spells anxiety! I am going to let it go for tonight and go to bed. Too tired.
I LOVE the picture of Caibs hair getting vaccuumed. Too cute.
And I am glad she is better after her breathing treatments. Good call Mommy!
Katie