Saturday, March 28, 2009

Audi's new contusion.

Does a mom know her children, or what? ☺

Let me back up. (I know, I do that alot. :)

When Audi broke his arm, we had to rearrange the carseats. Because of Audi's size, he is still in a 5 point harness carseat. He's old enough, technically, to be in a booster, but he's so small, we haven't upgraded him yet. Safety comes first. :) He was in the 3rd row w/ Bentley, but now he is in the 2nd row, in a booster, because it's easier w/ his cast on & I can now get to him easier to buckle him up.

Recently Audi's finding it humorous to lean up against his door before being strapped in. Hubby went to buckle him up this a.m. & when he opened the door, Audi started to fall out, but hubby was able to catch him. We told him no more of that, blah, blah, blah.

This afternoon as we were fixing to leave, hubby backed my car out of the garage & into the driveway. The garage is level, but our driveway has an incline. This particular trip I went to buckle Audi up. I opened his door, not knowing he had once again leaned against it & when I opened it, he came flying out. It happened so quick, I could only watch in disbelief. He went headfirst, down about 2 1/2 -3 feet, & landed bluntly on his head. On the driveway's pebblestone. With a broken arm. The force of the hit was so hard, I actually heard the hollow thunk.

It hurt him. He was crying pretty good & sadly, as I began to check him out, hubby & I started laughing. At this point, what else can ya do? ☺ We sat there for some time letting him gather his wits & I ran inside & retrieved some (more) Motrin. (Audi may need to attend Motrinholic's Anonymous when this is all said & done. :) Finally when we left, should we have had to take him back to Cook Children's, hubby & I discussed how we would explain 'this one'. LOL

Audi was just there 5 days ago, with a broken arm, & then of course in his records show where they administered staples in his head. We have three other children. No incidents. But this same kid obviously seems to be a repeat patient.



The contusion is actually quite large, but we couldn't get all his hair moved around so it would show in the photo.

Today hubby caught him jumping off three more stairs. Honestly, what am I going to do? I was going to put him in time-out for jumping, but then he went & hurt his head so I let him off. ☺

Michelle asked me if Audi is a daredevil. I really don't think he is. I think he is just all boy & clumsy. I also believe that because he is so short, he falls more. Part of that though is because he runs everywhere & he just trips constantly. As he is getting older & growing, the falling is improving. Hubby thinks the boy just has no fear.

I just hope we can get thru the next 3 1/2 weeks with this cast on. Right now, I just don't dare say we will. ☺

1 comment:

Mommy Brain said...

My poor friend! I went through a long two years with my little Jed that sounds a lot like what you are going through... two different incidents with stitches on his face...a concussion and I don't even remember... seems like since he's turned 6 things have calmed down. Hope things slow down for you...