Thursday, March 5, 2009

Like sister like sister.

Let's take a walk down memory lane. When Jaguar was around 15 months, she decided that clothes were for wimps. It mattered none what kind of apparatus I attempted, she escaped it. Oh sure, it was funny at first (exhibit A). I mean really, how cute was she giggling while naked as a jailbird? As time wore on, it was anything but funny. By the fifth time I had scrubbed down the crib (& her, & sheets, & toys, etc.), I had finally had enough.



For over a year, possibly a year and a half, this is how Jaguar was 'secured' before naptime or bedtime (exhibit B). It was a royal pain in the arse; however, it was beautifully successful. :) I don't believe I ever scrubbed the crib again. ☺ Having to literally cut the tape off the diaper with scissors before dressing or changing made this securing very tedious. You do whatcha gotta do. Finally, by the grace of God, she outgrew her streaking.



Fast forward to today. Same crib, different baby. Approximately the same age (Mercedes will be 14 months tomorrow). For a while now, every time I get Miss Sunshine up, her footie jammies have been unzipped. I did have a brief flashback to Jaguar's non-diaper days, but thought "naaahhhhhhh". So every morning when I get her up & giggled at her unzippering, I merely exclaimed "Hi Elvis!". Yes, typically most moms greet their babies with "Good Morning!". Not me. In this household it's "Hi Elvis!"

Today she was all happy go lucky as I exclaimed my usual "Hi Elvis!". But something was different. And something smelled a little - different. As my big eyes grew bigger - alas, it happened. The diaper was off. I do believe some naughty words entered my little brain. ☺
I will spare you the photos. Heck, I spared me the photos. I didn't take any. LOL Been there, done that. But, her & I certainly had a discussion over her newfound love of 'barebutt'. Poor pitiful pearl. She was completely unhappy with our talk. And honestly, I don't think she cared one iota, either. I'm visualizing more blue painter's tape in our immediate future.





I don't think she can get any cuter. ☺

****************************************

While searching for the photos of Jaguar, I ran across this one of Audi. He was 28 months. I must have ticked him off about something. LOL Love it!



3 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL...over and over again. That's all I can say.

And, oh my goodness gracious your children are gorgeous. Even mad, with tears, and dumbfounded at being taped into a diaper!! hehehe

Mommy Brain said...

Thanks for the smile, it's made my day and it's only 6:26am! I'm sorry about the mess, I've got quite a few of my own stories so I know how maddening it can be...but alas my children are not wonderful babies any longer and I secretly long for just one more glimpse of a chubby butt or a little giggle.

Us said...

Seriously you should be a comedian! This is hilarious you always make me smile!!!