Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Bachelor.

Amy who knew? I had no idea you were a Bachelor stalker too. I'm so glad I'm not alone. Then, if you read all the comments on People.com & all the other blogs, neither one of us are alone. :)

I had no idea all this drama was fixing to go down until I got a heads up last week on People. So from there I started reading & then went to referred blogs, even Chris Harrison's blog. I still had no idea if it were fact or fiction so I couldn't wait to watch last night. All that happened last night was confirmation that what I (& everyone else) read was not a rumor. It all panned out. Except for the part about Molly being pregnant. Maybe that'll be revealed tonight or maybe that's a rumor.

What Jason did sucks. There's no two ways about it. Melissa's a great girl who got hurt. But you gotta step into reality. I mean really. It's a tv show. Personally, I do believe a person can fall in love that quickly. But the circumstances surrounding this relationship - is there a chance of it surviving? Once they profess their love for each other, being all happy & giddy, supposedly after the show, they can't see each other much for fear of spoiling the ending due to the show not airing yet. What happens to that relationship when it's long distance & they're not together much? I would think it's destined to be doomed.

From what I've read so far, Jason did what he did the way he did it because it was in the 'contract'. Which means if it was in the contract for him, it was probably the same with the girls'. They all had a heads up & knew the possibility was there. I'm not sure I'm convinced that Melissa didn't know ahead of time (at least some sort of hint out of respect & if you noticed, when she walked on to the set last night, the engagement ring was already off) & I'm pretty confident last night was not the first time Jason & Molly have seen each other since TFR. I mean get real. She sure wasn't very angry for someone who was strung along & then dumped at the last minute. ;o)

I also think Jason based his decision/choice off of DeAnna's comment. Molly was the wild one & she told him to look past that. I think he did, even if he knew in his heart it wasn't the right decision. And he made the wrong choice for him. I fully believe & agree with not being able to control who your heart loves. One has no control over that. If his feelings changed, his feelings changed. I'm not so sure his feelings changed, but he realized that he had stronger feelings for Molly & I think he probably regretted his decision. Life is too short to live unhappy and/or living with the wrong choice for fear of what others think.

I was a Melissa fan the entire show. But when I saw her with Ty, I totally lost interest. Something bugged me about her & I turned my interest to Molly. The thing that makes me wonder about Molly is that she didn't mention Ty much. I've been a stepmom. You take the guy, you take the child. They're a package deal. I hope she really understands that.

I will say I found Molly last night to be stunning. Never paid attention before. But for once she got her hair out of that ponytail & with her hair down & her headband on, I thought she was much prettier. Her makeup was impeccable. Her smile & eyes are beautiful. I hope her heart is as well.

I hope they can make it. Time will tell. And we all know the history of the couples from the show. None the less, I'm now a fan of The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Now tell me what you think! I'd love to know!



**I forgot to mention that I found it completely ironic that Melissa got dumped - & it was her parents who chose this whole time not to be identified publicly. That is really fishy to me & it makes me wonder if this whole scenario wasn't planned. Some say ABC planned all of this & Jason went along with it. But surely not. Sure was a coincidence, though.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Have you seen this guys blog?
http://realitysteve.com/
He gives an interesting take. He seems to have some pretty reliable sources.
I guess the thing that bugged me most about the show is this. They kept showing Jason being TORMENTED over being in love with 2 women at the same time. So why did he propose? If he had such strong feelings for Molly whom he DIDN'T choose, why propose to Melissa, even if he felt his feelings were stronger? Why not pick Melissa without a proposal? People have done that in the past. Or pick neither?
Because he didn't do this, it makes me think ABC did orchestrate the end results to some degree.
And I completely agree that the ATRC was NOT the first time Jason & Molly had seen each other. That was obvious. She seemed way too okay with what was happening.
Molly, was pretty & likable. I don't really have a problem with her. But I thought the way the show ended was tacky. The fact that ABC insisted on airing "the break-up" and then minutes later have Jason pursue Molly was beyond low.
To be totally honest, I didn't like the way the show romanticized the whole single-parent/step-parent role. Everyone on the show talked dreamily about becoming a family together. But reality includes the ex-wife/bio-mom who is still in the picture, alimony, child-support, custody sharing, different sets of rules for different households, half-siblings, future step-DAD, etc. That is a lot of baggage to take on, and not nearly as romantic as the show portrayed.
Okay, that's my 2 cents!

Anonymous said...

It made me sad. I REALLY like Jason....and I do think he is genuine.....I think something HAD to happen between him and Melissa....like when she asked "What did I do?' and he said, "Nothing"....I don't buy that and she doesn't either. I think something happened that turned him off from her....or even vice versa. I wonder if it had to do with Ty and Jason just won't bring that up because he doesn't want him involved in this messy part. I don't know.
I liked both girls. Thought Melissa was a little goofier and sillier with that "little girl" laugh.
I thought Molly was loveable and lighthearted and professional, but still held back some until the end.
Not sure how I feel know about it. Too tired to watch the second after the rose...going to bed ....Tivo'd it so I can watch it later.
Katie