Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The casted Cub.

The casted kid Cub received a permanent cast today. For some reason, I think because he has done so well & his pain had become minimal, I was hoping the dr. was just going to say "oh, it's ok" (LOL) & let it be. No such luck. A mom can hope, can't she? So, he's in this permanent cast for 4 weeks. That's certainly better than 6 weeks! The dr. also said with this type of break, typically the kids dislocate their elbow too & with Audi, that isn't the case. Good job Audi! ☺

I had hubby snap these as they were assembling the permanent cast. Photos are auto w/ flash. Heck, I'm just glad he actually got Audi in the photo. ;o)











My boy loves his cast. What a nutjob. ;o) The dr. did stress "no jumping". I don't think we can accomplish that one. Not with this particular boy. He lives to jump. I continue to find him 'knocking' on his cast - he's fascinated it's plaster. ☺

Tonight was his first T-Ball game. Bummer! But hey, didn't he do good matching the color of his cast with his uniform? Ü What-a-kid. I think this color of blue looks awesome on him, too. He suited up & attended his first game, even though he didn't play. Hubby is semi-coaching so he had to go anyway. Thankfully Audi will only miss 4 weeks of games.

Would you believe the dr. told Audi he could play T-Ball? I couldn't believe it! They don't recommend football (obvious reasons) or soccer, but T-Ball, no problem! Mom (that's me) overrode that one. Um, no (I think?). ☺ I've already got a battle on my hands. Audi is adamant about playing, especially since the dr. gave her 'ok'. Thanks doc. Next game is Friday night, so we'll see. Audi didn't play tonight, but his arm is already hurting tremendously.

The guys were running late to get going, but I was able to snap a few photos. He is so cute handsome. I ♥ my boy! Below photos are taken on manual, no flash.

Here's my casted Cub. :)



I discovered something else today, too. Typically I am the parent who attends all dr./hospital visits with the children (even though hubby does come with me if his schedule allows). As you know, hubby has been accompanying Audi to the dr./hospital with his broken arm. I noticed last Thursday night (hospital) & again today, I am a nervous wreck when I'm not there. So, mom steps back up to the plate (no pun intended ;o) once again. Which I am more than happy to do. Sorry dad! ☺


Glad we haven't purchased the cleats yet. Ü Audi has to return to the Orthopedic Surgeon next week so they can x-ray his arm & be assured it is healing properly. Gosh I pray it is!

Let the four weeks begin! ☺

2 comments:

Carrie Hayes said...

I love the last few pictures...what a cutie! The blue cast is very cool

Mommy Brain said...

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go!

I think I understand why they said he can play T-ball...the kids don't do anything but stand around and chase butterflies!

Come on mom, please let me play!!!! Please!!!!