Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring *Break*.

Spring Break - that term now has a whole new meaning. ☺

This is the photo hubby snapped of Audi Thursday night in the hospital. He was watching tv. He makes himself comfortable. :)



The below photo is what Saturday Friday looked like (I typed Saturday by mistake - the day was actually Friday, even though Saturday looked quite similar :). Housebound. Here is everyone watching Daddy Daycare. Funny, that's exactly what it looks like hubby has there. ☺



Mercedes passed the time playing in the sink. She'll do this for hours. She has watched the big kids wash their hands here, so she attempts to wash her hands too. She can't reach the sink, she's standing on the stools. :) When it's time to turn off the water (first of all it's wasteful, second of all she soaks herself & the bathroom) she gets tee'd. We have a screaming match for quite some time until we can divert her attention. Look how happy she is playing here. Ü





Below Audi's chilling w/ Kosh. Audi's arm hurt quite severely Friday. I kept him on Motrin, even upping his dosage a tad & admistering it a little more often than suggested. I know I shouldn't do it but I had to do something. I hate it that he hurts. Today (Saturday) his arm didn't hurt as much which was great. I'm hoping the pain somewhat begins to dissipate.



Comments from the casted kid:

"Daddy, my arm was hurting so bad, I twied to wake you up but you wouldn't get up. So I just went back to bed & twied to handle it."

"Mom, how am I going to be able to get in my carseat evewy day so we can go get you your Diet Coke?" - awwww. :o)

The guy at the hospital was amazed with Audi' sophisticated vocabulary. He talks so big. I attribute that to me talking to my children like they are people, & not babies. ☺

He was on the phone w/ Hillary one night & I believe she asked him why he didn't like soccer. He responded with "well, it's not the fact I don't like it...". Ha! What 5 year old says that?

"Mom, take this thing (temporary cast) off. I'm tired of it." Great. He's in for a shocker. The permanent cast isn't even on yet. :(

Yesterday we ran an errand & he jumped out of my car after arriving home. Then he went upstairs to put his shoes away, & I caught him jumping off three steps onto the landing!

I'm anticipating the next 6 weeks as follows:

Me: Audi sit down!! Audi get off of that!! Audi stop jumping!! Audi don't do that!! Audi put that away!! Audi knock it off!! :)

As long as his pain doesn't intensify, I think we'll be ok. And once I get him wrapped in bubblewrap, too. 'Cause he'll be the kid that breaks his broken arm. ☺


*Photos, including the photos in the below post, are taken on auto w/ flash.

5 comments:

Rebecca M. said...

If he is in pain, you can always do the Tylenol/ Motrin coctail. I always do it with mine when they are really sick or in a lot of pain. What you do is since you can administer Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours, you alternate between the two every two hours. So Tylenol at 12, Motrin at 2, Tylenol at 4, Motrin at 6 etc. This way they are never without a pain killer in their system. Several of my past Ped's have told me that and it is perfectly safe to do because one is ibruprofin and one is acetominiphin(sp?). Just a mom tip to keep in mind - and it also works wonders on fevers.

Rebecca M. said...

Oh and I just noticed that we have the same clock in our living room as you do. Great minds think alike LOL!!!

Sarah R. said...

Thankfully Luke hasn't broken anything but this story reminds me a lot of him. Isn't it great that our children who are at the hospital/doctors the most have the best personality for it?
Doctors and Nurses always comment on Luke's demeanor and vocab.
I hope the little guy gets to feeling better soon.

Melissa said...

Did I tell you yet, that I feel sorry for you? :) lol Seriously though, your kids sound like they are AWESOME!

I hear ya on the not talking to them like babies thing! I've always hated that. If you want them to talk like adults someday don't talk to them in baby talk, sheesh.

Colored With Memories said...

i so feel your pain! at least it should be off before swim season!!!