Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hippie.

She's gonna hate me someday for posting a photo of her looking like this. ☺



This is Jaguar in all her glory. LOL This is her hair every single day before I tackle it. Most days I tackle it two times a day - considering she still naps daily (or she's suppose to anyway ;o). Now I know Destiny's hair does not look like this after sleeping on it! Anyway, Jag's hair begins like this & after I work my magic (which obviously I'm still in the process of learning), it looks beautiful. Her curls are so pretty. It's not much fun getting it that way, though. It doesn't hurt Jaguar when I fix it, it's just a hassle & takes a good 20 minutes. I lightened the photo quite a bit so you can see just how much hair she has. It's not that long anymore, but it's so thick it's unreal. I'm fixing to get it thinned way out. (On the right side of the photo, some of that is a shadow & not actual hair - I think you can see where her hair ends.) This is a QS (quickie shot w/ flash - no manual) & when I snapped this yesterday, she reminded me of a hippie with that big hair & striped hoodie. And yes she always wears her sunglasses upside down! This morning we discovered she had on 'CARS' knee pads under her sweats. LOL Love her. ☺

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! What a beauty!
Katie

::petersen photography:: said...

this is daaarling!!! i lovvvve it!!!!!

Carrie Hayes said...

This is so fun! I definitely laughed when I saw this

threadbiz said...

Too funny!! No Destiny's is not quite that big after sleeping on it, Cailyn's is much thicker, but I do have to do repair after a nap...lol. Gets a bit untamed after a good nap.

ivfmommee said...

Melissa,

I have a friend that has 3 biracial girls, and their hair always looks great! She has former conjoined twins and also a 7 year old. Her blog is http://www.freewebs.com/bucklesfamily/ , and you can email her from there. She is amazing and absolutely wonderful! Just tell her that I told you to ask her!

Jessica

ivfmommee said...

By the way, her hair is so cute! I love it!

Rebecca M. said...

ADORABLE!!! She is so beautiful, and her hair just adds to her uniquness. The thing I love the most in this picture is how her huge eyelashes poke out above the glasses. Most women (myself included) would kill for eyelashes like that.

Funny thing..My Will wears his sunglasses upside down all the time. But he calls "upside down" "right side backwards"!

Bridget said...

What an adorable picture!!! We've tried to let Kyle decide how he wants his hair to look and it got to the point that he was starting to look like one of the Jackson Five during the early 70's...I finally told him that he would cooperate and let me cut it or I would sit on him and cut it, but either way, it was getting CUT!!! I love his soft curls, though!