Monday, February 23, 2009

T-Ball.

His first. His first sport. His first glove. His first ball. His first bat. His first uncontrollable, giddy-to-play excitement. His first "I'm gonna play, I'm gonna give it my all, & no one will stop me" moment. His first practice. My first time to realize that this is it - he's growing up. Oh you guessed it - I sat in my car & cried a few tears. Just for a minute, though. Why do my children make me all sappy? ☺

(The two photos below are manual no flash.)





Of course I have always known my tiny guy is tiny. Seeing him, though, with all the other 5 year olds, shocked me. He's just so small. The photos below put it all in perspective.

(The rest of the photos are auto w/ flash. It was too cold, due to the wind & I was too cold to adjust settings!)

I'm pretty confident you can spot him. ☺







He had a blast. He did great! It's going to be a fun & exciting season. Below is Audi & proud dad. :)




I hope I'm ready for all this. And by "all this", I mean, I can't stop him from growing. I can't stop him from living. I don't want to. That said, he didn't attend preschool like Bentley did. He's been with me for 5 years. And it's hard. Very hard. But it's time to let go. So I'll end with my own sentimental sentiment -

Why is it so hard to let them GrOw?

I love you Audi. And mom is so very proud of you. xoxo

3 comments:

Rebecca M. said...

He looks like he is having so much fun! And just remember - good things come in small packages!!

Michelle said...

Ah, yes.. I know the feeling. My boy just did something the other day that made me stop and think "OMG.. he's growing up". Not really loving that so much. LOL C looks tooooo cute! Play ball!!

Family "Q" said...

I LOVE that top photo! NOTHING is cuter than little boys playing sports!!!