Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kidbits.

Every now & then we have the discussion about being lazy. I am a stickler on working hard & in no way, shape or form do I tolerate lazy. When the wee ones try to slack off (now keep in mind, their chores around here are next to none but, since they are growing, I'm trying to implement a few to teach them responsibility), I'm quick to respond w/ my lazy speech, especially since they are not expected to do much yet.

Hubby & I were in the family room one afternoon & we needed something from upstairs. Bentley was handy so we asked him to please run up & bring it down for us (btw, we do not abuse our children in this manner. I know SO many parents who make their children fetch everything for them once the children are old enough - so very not nice). Obviously he wasn't pleased with our request.

"Why do I always have to go get everything???? You people are so LAZY!!!!"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! Oh no you di 'int! Dude! Have you lost your mind? Our response went something like this:

"Oh Bentley, you're so funny. That really was not the appropriate way to respond to us. You sure make us laugh. Hope you don't plan on having fun for quite some time. 'Cause it ain't gonna happen buddy! Love you. And thanks for getting this for us."

Haha!

****************************************

I can't tell you how many times we ask the wee ones a question & get the answer "I don't know" or "Because".

Now. Yes, you do know, & "because" is not an answer. So we don't allow either of those responses in our home. Miss Jaguar is the absolute worst at offering the "because" answer.

One day I asked her a question & received the typical "because" reponse. To which I went into my spill & told her to try again.

Later that night, she asked hubby a question. And would you believe the guy answered her with "because"? Nothing else, just "because". For crying out loud! Well, now I know where they get it from. :)

So my Jaguar informed him -

"Dad. Because. Is not. A anchure!"

Heehee. Good girl.

Yep, she calls hubby "Dad" now or, she calls him his brother's name. Ha! Sometimes (way more often than not) she is way out in left field. And sometimes I'm a little concerned. ;o)

My children really are hysterical. Some of the things they do & say have me rolling. I'm really trying to appreciate their innocence & how awesome it is to teach them right from wrong. What a privilege & a blessing. I sure do love them. All four. ♥ ☺

4 comments:

Rebecca M. said...

Kids are too funny, aren't they? Love Miss Cailyn and her sassy response to Mr. Mitch. Sometimes I forget to appreciate the little things that make it such a blessing to have kids around and it is wonderful to have fellow parents/friends like you to help me remember!

I too, had a good giggle the other night because of Will. We were eating dinner and Will all of a sudden takes his veggies, puts them in his hand and starts squeezing the living daylights out of them. I told him that we do not use our hands to eat, and that he was not using good manners at the table. His response to me was "But Mom, I am trying to squeeze the vegtables to make fiber - like they do on that mamercial (commercial)" So I asked him why he needed to make fiber - which I now know was the wrong thing to ask a 3 year old - and he informed me "I didn't poop yet today, and you always take fiber when you can't poop, so I need fiber too!" I had to leave the dining room LOL!!! Such a blessing, right???

Bridget said...

My child constantly cracks me up!!! I try to remember those things more, especially when he is having attitude and talking back...ahhhh, gotta love preteens!

Family "Q" said...

"Dad. Because. Is not. A anchure!"

That is the funniest thing ever! I love the funny thing kids say...we know EXACTLY where they get it from, but the way that THEY put thier own spin on it is hilarious!

My nephew Aidan (2 yo started telling EVERYONE to "shut up" and everytime he does we put him in his special time out chair (a bean bag chair)...so the other day my grandmother (his great-grandma) says to him, "You shut up!" So he points at me and says, "chair", so I told her, you can't say that G.G...now you have to sit the chair!!! (I think we figured out where he heard it!) LOL!!!

ivfmommee said...

So funny !!!! Ava, age 3, cracked me up today when she was in the bathroom. Since she has an older 5 year old brother that she imitates constantly, she decided that today would be one of them even though not appropriate. I walked in while she was going poop, and she had her hand between her legs. I asked her why she was doing that, and she said, "cause you have to stick your wienie between your legs when you sit down to poop so you don't potty on the floor!!"