Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2010. My weight loss journey begins.

It was inevitable. 2010. It was destined to arrive. I've been waiting patiently hoping it wouldn't.
I graduated in 1985. This year is my 25th reunion. And the year I return to the field for Homecoming.
The photo below is when I was Homecoming Junior Representative, Oct. 1983.
I was a size zero. Zero. Waist size - 16". Seriously. 16 inches. Both of those should be a sin.
I adored this ruffly, hot pink dress. Ü

Below is Homecoming Queen, Oct. 1984.

I hated this red dress. I don't wear red. Due to finance struggles, I borrowed this dress from a friend. And was very thankful for her generosity. I never told her I despised this dress.


I am no longer a size zero. One thigh is, but not my body. Baha! Ü

Now begins my journey to lose 50 lbs. by...

Save the date...

Saturday, Nov. 6, 2010.

I would like to buy a rockin' new dress. Ü

I lost some weight, not too long ago. Can't remember exactly, but it was somewhere around 12-14 lbs. in 6 weeks. I was so disappointed, that I gave up. I look back now & realize that weight loss in that amount of time was acceptable.

I have been keeping up with Melissa's weight loss journey. She has lost over 40 lbs. in 4 months! She is amazing. She stopped eating out. She eats healthy. And works out. Two of my most unfavorite things in the world. Teehee. Melissa is delightful (so much like me - baha! :). If you haven't visited her blog, I encourage you to do so. Such a sweet, genuine person.

I shouldn't have to have an event to attend to encourage myself to lose weight. But. My Triglycerides level is too high (not dangerous, but needs to be lowered). My HDL is too low (just a tad). My doctor suggested I make changes, including taking fish oil. After I threw up in my mouth a little, I decided it was time. Without the fish oil, thank you. I definitely can eat much healthier. I don't detest working out, but I have limited time. I will utilize my treadmill, as well as implement vigorous house cleaning. Yes, it burns calories, if done properly. And for that extra push, I will use my reunion date as my goal & not feel guilty about it.

Saturday, Nov. 6th, 2010. I return to the field Friday night, Nov. 5th.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

MG said...

Good luck to you! I am in the SAME boat! Lost a bit on WW, can't stand doing the whole point thing again, just couldn't do it. I SO need to do something, I have a certain event in mind for the summer that I'd love to be "lighter" for. I hope it goes well for you.
MelissaG
p.s. I think I followed over from MWOP?? p.p.s There is a local girl that I know that lost a TON of weight, if you're interested (for inspiration) take a look...she did Couch to 5K and South Beach I think http://www.redhairedgirl.com/main/page/2/ http://www.redhairedgirl.com/main/how-i-lost-the-weight/

Melissa :) said...

MG - thank you for your comment! Nice to meet you. :)

Good luck to you & thanks for sharing the links! I will check those out! :)

Melissa Miller said...

Melissa thank you so much for your kind words about my weight loss and about me. I am so honored that you are inspired by me. You are really inspiring me sweet friend.
You can do it I promise!

Have a wonderfully blessed week.
~Warmly, ~Melissa

ErinB said...

Very impressed with all of your stuff and really your amazing life!! I'm going to check out the other Melissa blog...although I'm forcing myself to call you Melissa;) I guess thats more grown up though! I have three kids and struggle with weight for sure! Now with 40 creeping up...much harder to just drop 10 or 20 lbs!!! Keep inspiring...I need all the help I can get!!