Monday, March 15, 2010

Homemade guacamole, meatballs & sour cream biscuits!

Don't get excited. It was horrible!
I am so disappointed. I spent a total of 3 1/2 hours in the kitchen today. And I was abruptly reminded why I typically don't.
Guacamole. I even seeded & minced the peppers. And chopped the cilantro. The guacamole was not bad. But it wasn't good. It was too bland for our liking.

Meatballs. "30 minute prep time". Liars. I think not. It took me over an hour prep time. I made my own bread crumbs. Minced garlic cloves. And rolled & rolled & rolled meatballs. It was a very lengthy recipe.

I guess for the record, they weren't that bad. But they weren't good, either. They were so spicey. Do your sinuses need cleaning out? If so, then these are for you.


I topped off dinner with Paula Deen's Sour Cream Biscuits. They were simple to make. And horrible to eat. Blah! On the positive note, they sure were pretty.


Dinner was a disaster. The kids hated all of it. I made them eat most of it anyway. 'Cause I'm cruel like that.

The guacamole recipe & meatball recipe came from Good Housekeeping's 'Home for the Holidays' cookbook. I now completely understand why the book was only $2.50. They should have paid me to take the damn cookbook.

And I know what you're thinking. Pink plates. Ü

4 comments:

Miss Erin said...

That's the worst- when you put a ton of time and effort into something and it's not what you are expecting. I usually get to the end of cooking and I'm no longer hungry! It LOOKS good!

Kriss said...

Sorry dinner turned out badly. Did the guacamole recipe call for lime or lemon juice. In my recipe I use chopped cilantro, half of a serrano pepper, garlic chopped, red onion chopped, sea salt, pepper and lemon juice. It taste just like Chipolte's! -kriss

Anonymous said...

I got to your blog through MWOP.
I saw your comment:)
Anyways, for some reason I can't comment there that is why I'm doing so here..... Have you read SG blog from yesterday? I'm surprised no one has mentioned it! Read it all the way through. He is definitely making a statement about the the ladies in it! Quite a few "digs" there. He obviously made his statement to MWOP to appease the ladies, then turned around and bashes them i his blog. Seriously, he's probably "in bed" with the Mckinney's.....FYI

Mommy Brain said...

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS! So sorry...it's so disappointing. Maybe you already do this but when I make meat balls, which is seldom cause they are a pain in the arse, I mold the meat into a square or rectangle, then cut rows and columns into the meat then take the sections and roll them, does that make any sense? It's faster and easier than picking a small bit out of the batch and rolling. Plus then they are all the same size. Hope tomorrows dinner is better.