Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Keepin' It Real.

Recently I've been bothered by the fact that I'm not blogging what's on my mind & in my heart. My concern for others, & being afraid of their opinions of me, has taken most of the joy out of my blogging. I'm irritated with myself. It is senseless to be an honest person, yet refrain from sharing honestly, because of what others might think. I have been SO anxious & excited to find myself again. I guess it just took the right time content. :)

Because I'm outspoken doesn't mean I'm not a friendly or caring person. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact. Indeed I am a friendly, caring person with an outgoing personality. That said, God didn't design me as an introvert. I am a true extrovert. I have never been reserved & I have never been one to keep my thoughts and/or opinions to myself. Sometimes possibly I should, & I may toy with the idea, but most of the time, I don't. In addition, I am blantantly honest, brutally honest, too honest, if you will. You may not appreciate what I have to say, but it is what it is & that's just how I live. I live in reality, not fiction. The fact of the matter is I have absolutely no tolerance for dishonest people & I'm not one of them. I offer no apologies. Sure, some people don't agree with me. My favorite rule of thumb, so to speak, (which um, I made up all by myself) is "God created individuals, not duplicates". Thank you. :) I think it's totally acceptable & normal that people have difference of opinions. I also think finding a respectful way to disagree is actually the challenging part.

So anywho, let's get this party started! I'm ready. I've been ready. Let's go! Ü

Let's start w/ MckMama. She has opened herself up, willingly, to be an open target. So I'll shoot. To begin with, for someone (me) who cannot have her own biological children (me), it gets my goat to watch those who can have biological (or non-biological, for that matter) children treat those innocent lives like crap. And to post it & brag about it on the internet for all to see is flat out disgusting. To travel for days/weeks at a time here & there, leave those babies time & time again, lie & mislead those reading your site, admit (even though clueless) you do not parent as you should & then publicize it, by george, I'm gonna blog about. Thank you for the content. Honestly? Inconsiderate, selfish people who blog their ignorance give me something to discuss. That is, when I'm NOT raising & spending time with my 4 beautiful little people, whom I adore & cherish.

I am not a perfect person & I will never claim to be. However. I am a mother FIRST, a wife second. My children, as long as I'm on this earth, will always come first. Their needs will forever be placed before mine. My husband knows it & I am proud of the fact that he, too, puts our children before me, his wife. He'll catch no flack from me & vice versa. I do not submit (don't care for the term) to him, I will never submit to him - I am a partner WITH him. I am a Christian, who does not feel the need to 'Bible Thump' every person; actually, you see, if you think about it, I believe the only reason people do that is to make themselves feel better. God is the Truth. He can also be very comforting to those who are doing wrong by choice, make no beans about it, & continue with their wreckless, irresponsible, selfish behavior.

Seriously. Do we even need to discuss the fact that no one cares enough to wrap those little innocent loves in some soft, snuggy pajamas, so they too can get a comfy, good night's sleep? I'm appalled. Honest to pete. Do you think MckMama Jennifer sleeps in her uncomfortable clothes? I bet not. We all know how much money she makes from blogging - "a lot" - (btw, who cares how much money she makes. Money has nothing to do with being a responsible, loving parent) so we all know they can afford pajamas for the children. What they can't seem to afford is the time it takes to show those children love - to devote TIME - & something as simple as changing out of one set of clothes into another. Maybe I'm the only one (although, I doubt it), but I feel so deeply sorry for the MckChildren. The amount of time they have been left without mom or dad is inexcusable. When you decide to have children, your life changes. There is complete responsibility & it's not always when you feel like it. Your children are a part of you & your family is a package. Not just when it's convenient.

And did you read her husband's post? My first one to read. And my last. Oh.my.frickin'.stars. My eyes, my eyes! Disgusting! Good glory, do they not know that there are some things that just don't need to be shared? I'm embarrassed for him! Get a clue, dude! It's called privacy. Have some dignity, for crying out loud!

Let me add this. Every marriage cannot be saved. I was married prior. My husband punched me in the face, kicked the living daylights out of me on several occasions, threatened me, repeatedly called me names I would not even say to my dog, constantly belittled & degraded me. He had adulterous affairs. He threw things at me & would hit me with them, splitting my skin open. The night I had finally made the decision (no, it didn't take long) that I was more important - he had me pinned down & was holding a knife 1 inch from my face. The point of me sharing all that? The guy had a chemical imbalance. He refused to take medication. My marriage could not be saved & it was not worth me risking my life to find out if it could. I believe people can be saved, but some marriages cannot. For anyone to insinuate anything different is asinine. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, please don't let anyone persuade/influence you or talk you into staying. Get the heck out. Don't jeopardize your life all the while praying your partner doesn't 'snap'.

I'm not going to back up my comments regarding MckMama (or anyone else) with facts. Head on over to
http://www.mckmamawithoutpity.blogspot.com/ for that. She does a fantastic job.

I'm only here to blog what's on my mind. 'Cause it's my blog. And I like to talk type. A lot. Ü

3 comments:

Brie Williams said...

We are on the same page!!!! I am so glad I found the MWOP blog because for so long(after Stellan was healed), every time I read a post or tweet I thought "Are you for real? How is everyone not able to see RIGHT THROUGH YOU!".
It's nice to see not everyone has jumped on the MckMama band wagon. I really hope that woman gets it together soon. Her poor children are the ones suffering.

Kriss said...

You wrote everything I was thinking. Just this morning I was ticked because I too can't get pregnant and I keep wondering why all these uncaring people can get preg. so easily. It sickens me that Mckmama can so openly say she doesn't bath them often or take the time to change them into pj's. I'm sorry but she is just disgusting and lazy.

Amanda said...

Oooh, Melissa...you're opening yourself up for a lot of comments here. :) I'll start this by saying that you know I love you... :)
I also read Mckmama's blog, and while I don't agree with everything she says/does, who am *I* to judge her? Shouldn't we remember 'judge not, lest you be judged' and 'let him without sin cast the first stone'? Sure, she may put her kids to bed in their clothes - I've done that too...if I'm not mistaken, the same clothes they've slept in are 100% cotton just like the pj's... :)
God has brought some interesting opportunities to her and her husband to share their stories, and we don't know their true hearts...only God does. If HE is calling her to travel/speak/etc, then that is between her and God and her husband.
I also don't think it is healthy for parents to put their kids before each other. I think kids feel more secure if they know Mom and Dad are #1 in each others' eyes, and that they are a product of that love (biological or adopted). And God *commands* us to submit to our husbands. He doesn't tell us to be a doormat...husbands should love their wives as themselves, treating them with the same respect they desire. I know some men take that to an extreme, and that's unfortunate. I think God intends a mutual respect and love, and that comes when spouses have have equal 'say' in a marriage, but ultimately, the wife needs to submit to God's authority as expressed through her husband. Does that make sense?
I'm glad you're all about honesty...so am I :)