Sunday, August 17, 2008

-2 diamonds. Update.

I took one of Mercedes' earrings out.

Yesterday I noticed the girl had marked the piercings really low. I had her move the markings up a time or two. One we (I) got perfect. One is still too low. (It happens to be the closeup shot in the photos below. You can see it's a little low - not much lobe under the stud. What do you think? The diamond in the photo where hubby is holding her, you can see that one is perfectly centered - or I think so - maybe it's too high?)

So I called Claire's & asked them what to do. She suggested we remove the earring we aren't happy with & it should close back up immediately since it was just pierced yesterday. Wait two weeks - bring Mercedes & the earring back & they will repierce that particular ear for free. Yay! Not so yay for Merc. :( I knew I should have raised that marking on the other ear further up. I knew it. But I didn't do it - I thought it would be ok. Poo.

Katie, if you decide to pierce Lily's, just make sure they mark the piercings smack dab in the middle of the earlobe. This way, as Lily grows, the earring will always be right in the middle. Jaguar's are still perfectly centered. Yes it will hurt her, but it's very brief. Mercedes only cried for 5 seconds, & so did Jaguar. And if you decide to wait, you may run into Rebecca's issue where Lily may be too frightened to do it. Either way, just do what you are comfortable with! :)

**Ugh! What to do? Now I'm thinking I should remove both earrings & redo them both in about a month. Help!

**Doesn't matter now - both earrings are out. Was rocking her while ago & noticed the back was missing off the remaining earring - how that happened is beyond me as those are locking backs. I could hardly get the other one off. So...now we'll repierce them both. At a way later time. ;o) Our pediatrician actually pierces ears so I think I'll check w/ them. Crud. This would only happen to us. Ü

**Rebecca - thanks so much for that info. Gosh I can't believe Jaguar's went off without a hitch & Mercedes has been so difficult. I definitely will be calling the pediatrician after your comment. I'm so glad you shared that. That's horrible! :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do what you think is best. I will say this though, if you decide to take one or both of the earrings out and let the hole close up, I would wait a lot longer than a month before getting them re-pierced. My younger sister was 4 when she got her ears pierced, and when they "shot" the gun she jerked her head and the earring went in crooked. So they took the earring out and told my mom to come back a few months later to have it re-done. In that time, the hole appeared to have closed, there was no visible hole on the outside, but the interior portion never fully closed. My mom took her to get her ears re-pierced, and to this day she has problems with them. The 2nd hole they made has stretched and sort of combined with the first, and now she can't wear anything but very light little gold balls in her hear because if she wears anything bigger or heavier, then it actually pulls her ear lobe downwards.

I would maybe check with the ped about it. I would hate to see Caibry have earring issues because of this.

Rebecca M

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that the locking back came off of the other earring! Those are supposed to be child proof. They are major chocking hazards! I would be on the phone with Claire's first thing tomorrow morning and letting them know that they are selling defective earings. Thank goodness you saw that and removed the earing before Caibry got her hands on it.

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I agree. That was another reason I have been "hesitating" on doing it......the fear of her pulling them out and choking on them (even though they are "supposed" to be child proof).....

I have really big ear holes in my lobes. But that is because I wore big ol' honkin' earrings (do you like my terminology?) when I was a teenager! I hate it because I cannot wear anything very heavy at all!
Katie

Michelle said...

Bummer about the earrings. :( How is her reflux lately? Doing better I hope.

Anonymous said...

I would put them back in ASAP- crooked or not. IME the holes wont ever truly close up. They may look like it on the outside, but you could still push and earing through if you broke the surface skin. They didnt look noticably crooked to me. But then there were only two photos to go by. The first earrings should be extra thick shafts and locking clasps that slide on. They should be very hard to remove if they are using the correct type of earring for new piercings. Good luck anyway, I hope it all works out :)