Friday, August 22, 2008

Shower help requested.

We have a large shower. We have a lot of people who shower regularly. The mold & mildew is getting out of my control. I leave the shower door open to help with this. (Yes, of course I clean it. I know what you're thinking. :)

The shower is so large, the fumes from cleaners are killing me because I have to use so much. I don't want to do that anymore/use them anymore. However, I need something strong & potent. And I've heard yes use bleach, & no don't use bleach. We also don't have any windows in the bathroom that open - they are the dumb ol' coke bottle windows. That makes matters worse.

I am googling like crazy. If you have a large shower, how do you handle it?

Any ideas from you guys? Please?

3 comments:

Mommy Brain said...

I have a small shower....small...like can't hardly turn around in shower...shaving my legs is like an Olympic sport, ha ha! It was almost a deal breaker when we bought this house, but I loved the location so much I learned how to shower in small spaces.

Anyhoo, you didn't ask that...my first thing to do would be get a powerful fan in the bathroom. Either in the ceiling fan or point one right into the shower after you are finished.

Anonymous said...

I know a sure-fire way to prevent mold/mildew build up in your shower. And you won't fall over from the cleaning product fumes anymore either.....Just quit taking showers!!! LOL!!!!

Rebecca

jessica said...

I clean my tub and shower with magic eraser! Maybe try drying the shower off or use a squeegy (sp) after the showers? What about one of those automatic Scrub and Bubble shower cleaners? I had one and loved it, but I forgot it when we moved! I haven't replaced it yet.