Friday, August 22, 2008

Regarding school supplies.

And Christine's comment. There is no way I could just read her comment & move on. LOL Ü Part of her comment read:

"you should see our public schools list...crazy long including 6 rolls of paper towels, 4 boxes of zip lock bags, 4 boxes of tissues etc...I thought that was nuts!"

Christine, is this list for just one child? Are you kidding me? 6 rolls of paper towels, 4 boxes of baggies & tissue? Girl, that made me crack up.

I hope you did some investigating. Because it sounds to me as if teachers in your ISD are coming up with a sneaky & unique way to stock their personal kitchen cupboards. ;o)

Also, have you all heard that a school in Houston (TX) is now allowing teachers to bring handguns to school if they have completed a training course? Very frightening stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teachers bringing handguns to school, WOW! With all of these school shootings going on, it makes me want to hide my kids here at home. I dread the day they start school. It is so sad that we have to be scared for our children to earn an education!!!

~Lisa B.

Mommy Brain said...

Handguns were never on our list...hmmm??? It's a scary world. And yes, one 1/2 day kindergartener! Can you believe it? My thought was where the heck do you store all that stuff? And to top it off almost every week they were asking for more stuff! Whatever, now we go to the Christian school and the list is so short...how they do more with less would be a great lesson for our district.