Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goodwill goodies.

Goodwilling day 2. I drove just a little further today to a different Goodwill. It's smaller than than the one I frequent, but well worth it. I noticed today how clean this particular Goodwill is. Clean & nicely organized. Ours is filthy & completely disorganized. Now I have two Goodwills to find good thrifts. :) Also, there is a thrift store right next to this particular Goodwill (I've been in there once) - but I ran out of time today so I didn't have a chance to browse.

Here's what I found today (none of it cleaned yet):



The table! The table I have been searching for. I've been needing a compact, light table to stick in our downstairs 1/2 bath. This is perfect! I'm going to spray paint it, but I need to decide on a color. That'll probably take 6 months. ;o) Table was $10.50

Medium glass vase $1.75

Large glass vase $2.75

Food Network Ü Christmas dish. So cute! Has a cute little package on the inside, gold trim around the top edges, & at the top of each side there are little captions: side 1 "Tis the Season to be Jolly", side 2 "Dashing Through the Snow", side 3 "Making Spirits Bright" & side 4 "Laughing All the Way". Love! $4.95

First toy ever from Goodwill - a very dirty (ew) Barbie car $2.95

Cute new condition shirt for Bentley $1.99

Shirt: Things They Don't Teach You in School

*It is impossible to lick your elbow.
*Girls blink almost twice as much as boys.
*"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
*There are more chickens than people in the world.
*"Sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the hardest tongue twister.
*No words rhyme with month, orange or purple.
*Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
*It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
*The average chocolate bar has 8 insect legs in it.
*A sheet of newspaper can't be folded in half more than 9 times.

He loves stuff like this. Interesting about the bug legs in chocolate, heh? I watched a segment on the news not long ago stating this very chocolate detail. ;o)

Total: $26.94
I had 9 stamps & she gave me one for free: -$10
Total: $16.94

As I was leaving, the clerk said "be sure to come back tomorrow, everything is 50% off!" LOL Just my luck! Ü



(Pardon the crappy photo - I'm in a hurry today. :)

No comments: