Sunday, September 30, 2012

How I disinfect & clean my makeup brushes.

I don't clean my makeup brushes as often as I probably should, but I do clean them. Think of the abuse these little things endure. Tossed in dirty purses or makeup bags, thrown on bathroom counters where God only knows what's been on them, exposed when others flush the toilet, etc. That's why I clean them. And this is how I do it.

I only use three brushes. My powder brush, my eye shadow brush & my eyebrow brush. I've had them for years & they're my favorite. So of course, I want to take care of them.



In a small bowl, I put a splash of Basic G & fill it with water. Basic G is a disinfectant & I want all bacteria removed from my brushes. I then swirl the brushes around to get them good & soaked, while at the same time, it's removing powder & makeup build-up.



After that step, I place them on the towel (I only get my kitchen towels at Kohl's & they are the best!!) for 5 or 10 minutes to let the G kill germs & bacteria. Then, I rinse them under the faucet until the water runs clear.

Next, I add just a tad of dish soap (I love this stuff & always have an extra bottle so I'll have one when I need one!) & then add water. Once again, I swish them around, just to give them a gentle wash & to remove any Basic G that might be remaining. I then rinse them really well, until the water runs clear.



Tada! That's it! The drying process takes much longer than the cleaning process. I just lay them flat & let them air dry.



I'm so glad I have Shaklee products now to clean my makeup brushes. I much prefer using an all-natural disinfectant & dish soap, considering these brushes are extremely close to my nose, mouth & eyes.

Safety first!

No comments: