Saturday, January 17, 2009

1-17-09.

The haircut!

Before: (gosh I think she looks like Destiny here!)



(The photos are horrible! I am disappointed! I intended to switch my camera on Auto - I knew the lighting was going to be awful & I didn't want to mess with settings. Low & behold I forgot to switch the settings & I took the below photos on manual. Which basically means the settings were all wrong for inside this itty bitty salon. Ugh! Nonetheless I lightened them & this is what I got. Better than nothing!)

During:





After: (still wet w/ leave-in conditioner & hasn't curled up yet)



So my Olive Oil I've been using (& love) has been all wrong. :( She said it's good for maintenance, but I should have been using a leave-in conditioner. She told me because both girls are so young & yet to have relaxers, she recommends Pantene's new line for "women of color". Shampoo & conditioner (no need for professional brands...yet). Then, use a leave-in conditioner. Every single time her hair looks dry & needs moisturizing. She said the Pantene line carries that too but I can't find it so I bought something to tide me over.

The lady was nice but not friendly. And you know how I feel about that! She didn't even introduce herself. However, I do believe she knows what she is doing, as she's bi-racial too. She told me the reason she is a beautician is because her mother, who is CC, never knew what to do with her hair. Ha!

Pretty much all she did was cut off Jaguar's dry ends. It's short! It's still cute. After I wash it & style it I'll know better if I like it or not. I know it feels better for her though & that's all that matters. And I won't have to battle it so much! It was really a daily chore, taking 15-20 minutes a day. And heck for $10, we'll be back! Tomorrow I'll use the new shampoo/conditioner/leave-in conditioner on Mercedes & see if it helps her out-of-control troll hair as well. ☺

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Love it, it's adorable!!

Mommy Brain said...

You need to put her on the white backdrop so that we can see her hair...good advice you got...cause how are you suppose to know?

threadbiz said...

She does remind me of Destiny in that first pic. I love her hair in that pic she is just beautiful. She def has more hair than Destiny and it looks to be much curlier. Destiny's haircut did draw hers up but yet the curls are bigger?? Weird huh? Around her face are tighter curls. I have always conditioned Destiny's hair while in bath, let it sit for a bit, rinse and always use a leave in conditioner also plus a curl enhancer. Their hair will tend to dry out and will always need major conditioning. It definitely takes maintenance. My natural curl does as well. I always have to buy new bottle of conditioner quicker than my shampoo as my hair soaks it up. I also use flat iron every day and that will dry it out also.
I still have not made it to the salon to buy the new product, been slow moving since my return from Japan but will def make it this week. I am curious to see how well it works in comparison to what we have always done. Bristol swears it was a difference.