Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Deja Vu.

I was in the shower. The one & only time I shower without taking the phone in the bathroom.

I heard the answering machine answer twice. That doesn't happen. Two times in a row, during the day. Just doesn't happen here.

Immediately I thought of boy1 or my dad.

I hopped out & replayed messages.

One from school nurse, one from hubby.

Bentley tripped on his shoelaces & fell. Banged his cheek, hip & knee.

He's totally fine.

I called the nurse, she phoned me back.

Problem lies in the conversation.

I am fully aware we had an issue 4 months ago. Big whoop. I have moved on.

Evidently, she holds a little anger or frustration. Or something. Her problem. Not mine.

But I have a huge problem with her snotty tone of voice in which she spoke to me (& according to hubby, him too).

She tried to be nice. She wasn't successful.

So at the end of the conversation, when neither of us were speaking & I knew she was listening, I said "thank you for calling". In the most sincere voice I could. Because I appreciate her phoning me/us.

Her reply? "Good-bye".

Click.

I thought this mess was over. I guess it's not.

No comments: