Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One year ago today.



My fourth miracle was born.

Even though her heart rate had been consistent in the 160's inutero, she must have thought she was not ready. Maybe she realized that she had no family. She had no where to go. Who was going to love her? Who was going to hold & feed her? Dry her tears? Come to her rescue? Root & clap her on when she reached a milestone? Maybe the thought of being alone was more than she could bear. It was during her birth that she became too frightened, too scared, too sad & lonely, causing her heart rate to dangerously, drastically drop to 40. But you know, God has a plan. We hear it all the time. A plan for everyone. A plan for those who can't yet see & can't look ahead. But He can. He smiled down on my miracle that day. I envision Him saying to her "No, no, no little girl. I am not ready for you yet. But the most perfect family for you is." And with that my baby was resuscitated, responded, & is turning one year old today.



I am so emotional remembering her first few hours, first few days of life when she was all alone. When she fought a battle no baby should ever have to fight. There is nothing else I can say other than I absolutely cannot imagine my life without her. Thank you God, for saving her.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

No WAY! I am pretty sure I found your blog right around the time she joined your family and I can't believe she is a year old!

Oh, Happy Birthday sweet Caibry! I meant to comment with birthday wishes for Cason and Cailyn but don't remember if I did, So Happy birthday to Cason and Cailyn as well!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry! I am so proud that your baby girl is one ....you ARE the most perfect family for her. You are an amazing mother. She is gorgeous and happy and right where God intended for her to be.
Love you!
Katie

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful post and beautiful girl.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Caibry! Wow.. a year already.

In unrelated news.. your blog is still singing Christmas carols at me. LOL